Friday, January 13, 2012

Do Good Wrap up - but does it?!

Does Doing Good Ever Wrap up? I don't think so!

22 projects were started, (that we know of) now I've heard what they all did the other night during the Wrap up Party at Home Bank - in the lobby no less, was a surprise that - & I still couldn't list them all, all the projects, all the people, all the side projects/people too...

Maybe Aileen's put them all up on her Blog? or there will be a book about all this someday soon & we can read about it?! (hope so!!) or there's the Facebook Page too...

2 projects I can add from last time that I didn't know about are Brian Holmes & Blake Lagneaux...

1 - Brian Holmes gave to a Kiva loan - he called his guy, the 'cereal guy' (simply he makes cereal, which is great...) So he needed a $75 loan & Brian used his given $50 & added to that (or am guessing he did that...) Which will be repaid & then reloaned out once again, over & over--so a gift that keeps on giving...

Link to Kiva Loans - Loans that Change Lives...
http://www.kiva.org/




2 - Blake Lagneaux is giving to our local Children's Museum & creative projects there by creating a Do Good (Always) Poster that will be sold for $15 plus shipping to go to this project...
It's on Etsy, so how cool is that--we can buy one or others can buy one, but it goes to our local Children's Museum...

I've ordered the light grey background with the pastel colored lettering on my poster--that I just can't wait to show up in the mail...at the Wrap up Party there was only 1 black background one with less pastel colored letters--but it was framed & it was given as a door prize (all I know is that I didn't win, so I had to order one--but in doing so got to get more fun colors I think?!)

With my new poster (can't wait for it to arrive in the mail, so I can get it framed--pronto?!) I'll have a great reminder for a wonderful Christmastime in 2011, helping out Do Good projects & the Wrap up Party stories & to continue on my own to Do Good Always--right?! of course!!

Link to find the Do Good (Always) Poster by Blake Lagneaux...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/90280677/do-good-project-poster
(note: there's 37 left to order, as of today?! 12" x 16" - shipped rolled up in a tube...)

Link to Aileen Bennett's Blog - Creating Clever...
http://creatingclever.com/

Link to the Do-Gooders Facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/dogoodproject

Link to first/main sponsor - Home Bank...
www.facebook.com/homebankhelps

My List of Helping Out Do Good-er Projects...

gave big bag full of t-shirts to BBR, at the time it said she was trying to collect 600 of them
(note: she was not at the Do Good Wrap up Party because--wait for it--she's in Africa?! Not just handing out T-shirts, but also she has a son there--who am guessing is volunteering to do something helpful in Africa too?! I think it was a 3 part project, as some were - so 1 part of the T-shirts went to Africa, 1 part went to make Dog Toys...did I read that one right?!) & the last part went to another group intown, that right now I cannot remember - but they're doing good can you betcha'...)


note: when I was grabbing T-shirts to donate, think I may have grabbed my fav coffee shops T's...
so that's Carpe Diem & Cafe Cohen--prob off to Africa or could be a dog toy or ?? by now too?!

gave small bag full of CD's to Extra Mile after I missed the Rapper Concert
(note: these went to tweens/teens wrapped I think for Christmas & the other early Christmas gift was for this boy to Rap in front of a willing/live/happy/supporting audience--a great way to have a start & for it to be your first too...we'll have to get more posted on this new musician to the Rap scene in Lafayette--do we have a Rap scene? I wouldn't ever know, unless someone told me?!)




bought a week's worth of Mocha coffees from Cafe Cohen
(note: And I'm not a fan of chocolate/mocha coffee either)



 
donated 2 (maybe 3 - yes, 3 as I found the photo...) willowbranch planter cones from Klara Pil in Norway to Green Garden project for a teacher/school class - or - if they didn't want to use them then the Farm2Table Farmers would get next shot at them




note: don't know 'if' these are the bike lights ordered from a Portland, OR bike/light shop, but they'll be something like this - will await further news from Tony on when's the big bike light passing out event, a lot of surprised bike folks with big grins will soon be found out & about in town...

support the bike light give away, for now only bought an auto sticker for Bike Lafayette group - the lights are on order, then the give away will happen (I have seen a few bike/bikers who need lights on their bikes for night riding--to help be seen, flashing bright lights are a must for 'distracted drivers' right?!)

found out what #cajunkindness/aka Lauren was doing & added 3 gift cards from Cafe Cohen to hers - with the code word "JingleJingle" (after CajunKindness & DoGood I think were both taken already from someone else doing good - once at the coffee/gelato place downtown Lafayette?!)


note: from www.etsy.com Do Good Project Poster by Blake Lagneaux - this is the dark grey background, the one I didn't order (I ordered the light grey background, with more pastel letters - see above /\)

bought a do good-er poster, waiting for that to come in the mail & soon?!

  x 50

(photo credit: thumbnail Wikipedia)

Note: Really don't know which project got the $50 that I donated, it was just all pooled together to give all the Do Good-ers a $50 bill to do Do Good with--any of them are Welcome to think it was the 1 from me?!

So many more Do Good Projects - will try to remember more & find out if Aileen's webpage has them linked up or over on Facebook...because everyone was to agree to the Do Good, Document, Have Fun I think were the 2 plus a Laginappe deal to follow along the way...

#DoGood

Oh too one speaker before leaving the podium--who was that DollarMan? (was that FiberCorp Startup that did this - Argh, the memory...) left on the table where the mini Oscars were a pile of Do Good Dollar Bills with a sticker in the middle of each & 'do good' stamped all over it...to continue spreading the Do Good glow to all & also left an envelope on the table for anyone to put more money in for Aileen's next project (or would that be schenanigans?!)



(note: local shop photo - of all the things couldn't find just a pic of Mardi Gras beads say in a big pile or bag in my Lafayette photos that weren't around somebody's neck right...)
I picked up one, now what Do Good-ing can I do?! bought cat/dog food today for the Acadiana Animal Shelter to go with the big bag of Mardi Gras beads I was donating for the next Doggie Mardi Gras Parade (that was so fun last year, only I wanted to adopt a King Chihuahua...since then we've rescued 2 of them so we didn't get a Mardi Gras Parade King afterall?!) - but I could say the $1.00 went to that, but trouble is it's still on my desk in my home office (so does that count? prob not!)
(note: I was going to copy the fun money, but then I realized--wait it's real currency & I don't think the gov't/mint would appreciate that...you'll just have to believe me?!)


New Do Good Dollar Idea...

   $$$

Did you know there are Dollar Bills in Circulation that are stamped with 'Where's George' in Red ink on them - if you get one then you're suppose to go to this Webpage to Track your Dollar Bill (which you know has George Washington on it right--uh huh...)

See this link...
http://www.wheresgeorge.com/


Well, how aboutey (Yes, I felt like saying that madeup word--is it Pirate-ese, can't say...) we add to that 'George' with a DoGood stamp or decoration too...

Would love though if we could not only track where the Dollar Bill was or had been, but also what the Do Good-er did with it...

Help me--I need Aileen Be Good/Be You & Friends to get running with this one...

I say for the next Drink & Draw Night the graphic designs guys meeting up at Ameicas Coffeehouse, dedicate the evening to drawing on special Dollar Bills (OK--not to worry, I'll donate some to get started...)

And then somehow we'll track them out & about doing good, once they're done & passed on - or maybe when someone gets a cup of coffee Floyd could give the customer one of the special dollars...would be great if the DoGood facebook page address was stamped/written/drawn on their somewhere too & we start with watching a new batch of Do Good Dollar Bills on their way to DoGood-ing?!

(note: now I must go Tweet all night long on Twitter now to get this thing going--am I dreaming, or did I just type all that...hmmm...shhh--no, don't wake me up?! Zzzz...$$$...zzz...)

#DoGood Always <3

No comments:

Post a Comment