Monday, October 8, 2012

Scary vintage trolling

Scary vintage trolling...



 


Have a coke with your Coke
she looks like she's had some coke with her Coke
Oh my the titles we could come up with...
Coke goes better with Coke
Have a Coke-Day...




 




 




 


old/Old Navy uniform, looks like to me
complete with b/w old/Old Navy uniform postcard too



at this Vintage/Antique shop downtown there's 'even the kitchen sink' for sale
hahaha...couldn't resist that old joke?!





 

 old bike with a giant gear box/lever


Lafayette, LA - above
Breaux Bridge, LA - below



 


so there's still Barbe Poles for sale these days




 


Falstaff beer man, back in the day
Way/Way back in the day...
(on his white horse too--lol?!)


flying Ace dog in his bone...or...
two black cats in bows--not much competition there huh?!



No--not so scary chairs, it's the 'price' of these chairs that's scary?!
(hundreds of dollars--I'm - not - paying...but I'll take a photo of them for ya'?!)

so guessed was from the 1950's - read it's a pedestal chair designed by Eero Saarinen

link to read more about him...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eero_Saarinen

why am I not surprised he was born Finnish
this is 'so' a Scando style chair (aka Scandinavian)
most curious to read his 1st wife a sculpture
then the 2nd wife an art critic
(you really have to wonder whom influenced whom hmmm...)



 




 




 




 


Scary-est kid nightmare ever...
anything to do with puppets, esp Howdie Doody?!
(btw--nobody buy me 1 for Xmas, don't even try...
or it's in the fireplace toute suite!!!)

If you would like to read more tho I can't imagine why then here's the link...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howdy_Doody

note: I did browse thru & found a friend of his I like better...
Flub-a-dub?!

Flub-a-Dub - HOWDY DOODY
from this link...
http://www.tvacres.com/creatures_flubdub.htm

(note: how many 'flubs' can you find in this multi-parts creature?!
or better yet can you guess all the animals they put together to make this one--
without looking mind you, right?! There are 7 you can see & 1 that you can't...)


when pigs fly...
I'm still waiting...
and waiting...



 




 


like puppets not scary enough, there are clowns
clown cookie jars? so the good w/the bad...


#FiftyShadesofFunny is all I can think about at his table in the flea market



 


 uh oh...caught in the act
whatever is Aquaman up to, hmmm...



 


mad dog/crazed wolf trying to eat Tinkerbell???
Nooo....!!! Lunatik?!



 


more Bozo at the flea market...
all I can do to touch it/take it's photo--
it would 'never' be a box in my house...
nowhere/nohow?!



 


Breaux Bridge, LA
Veterans Park
She's overlooking all the fair trade going on
at the Citywide Garage Sale this weekend
(tho doubt any of it is in a garage anywheres in town?!)



 


aw--a gator puppet & there's more...



 


gator puppets friends...
just 'hanging' around huh?!

note: must show this to Wanderlust Theater--as they are 'into' puppets...
after Wolves in the Walls you can tell they're really/Really into puppets?!




 




 


what is it?
besides something I've never seen at a flea market/garage sale before
nobody answered me over on Instagram or FB - tho one person at least knew the answer after I answered it for myself on FB...
why you got to do me that way...
Shopkeeper tells me I'm the only one that's come into the shop that knows what it is - uh huh...
And he says 'you'd think folks would of watched the Olympics' - yes I agree...
So it's a Pommel Horse & I didn't ask How Much either?!

End of Scary stuff--for now...until Halloween--mwah hah hah...

No comments:

Post a Comment